Saturday, March 21, 2020
ADVANTAGES OF DRUM WINDING PROCESS AND DISADVANTAGES OF DRUM WINDING PROCESS
ADVANTAGES OF DRUM WINDING:
The advantages of drum winding are given below:
• The side wise unwinding of the yarn is efficiently possible of the package resulted in drum winding process.
• The packages of drum winding doesn't require the flanges at both ends of package.
• The cone and cheese cane be used in this winding process.
• The stability of the package of drum winding is very high. The package doesn't get deformed or slipped during unwinding and handling.
• The drum winding process minimises the chances of yarn elongation during winding.
DISADVANTAGES OF DRUM WINDING:
• The main disadvantages of drum winding are as follows:
• The number of turns per inch (degree of twist) in the yarn gets affected in drum winding process.
• Small package size results. The maximum yarn content is limited in the package of drum winding.
• winding density of the drum winding package gets low. This low winding density causes low yarn content in the package.
• The package in the drum winding gets rotated negatively by surface contact between traverse drum and package, so that this process always has the chances of yarn rupture getting wound in drum winding:
WARP WINDING PROCESS: Warp winding may be classified in following categories: • Drum winding • Precision or spindle winding DRUM WINDING...
FABRIC COSTING: The fabric costing is a very important aspect for any fabric manufacturer, merchandiser, textile exporter and Weaving t...
YARN COUNT CONVERSION FROM ONE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM, YARN COUNT CONVERSION TABLE, TABLE OF YARN COUNT CALCULATION FORMULACONVERSION OF YARN COUNT FROM ONE SYSTEM TO ANOTHER SYSTEM: The relation between New English count ( Ne) and denier: The relation ...
Related articles: Woven fabric analysis Cotton yarn diameter Cloth or fabric cover factor calculation Fabric costing...