•The fibre length of the raw material used.
• The fibre fineness of the raw material to be used.
•The number of doublings to be used in the draw frame machine.
• The weight per unit length of sliver to be fed to the draw frame machine.
• the delivery speed of draw frame machine.
common setting parameters of draw frame process:
the presence of hooked fibres in the sliver to be
• The hooked fibres present in the sliver affect the drafting efficiency of a draw frame machine.
• A draft of 7.5 is used to achieve better performance in both breaker and finisher draw frame.
• A draft of 7.0 may also be used in breaker. A draft of 7.5 to 8.0 is applied for combed material in single passage draw frame.
• A draft of 8.0 is used in breaker and finisher to process synthetic material having staple length of 44 – 51 mm.
• Today’s draw frame has the capability to process the sliver having linear density of 36 – 40 grams per metre efficiently without making compromise with quality.
• Since thes synthetic fibres possess high resistance to drafting so that a linear density of less than 38 grams per metre is used in draw frame process.
You may also interested in following articles