• The required correction in the draft is done to find uniform sliver.
• The weight per unit length of sliver should get analysed three times in a shift of 8 hours.
• The regular maintenance of a carding machine always results in the form of improved quality and productivity.
• The maintenance schedule should always be followed poperly as per machine manufacturer's instructions manual.
• The auto - leveller should be calibrated manually. The linear density should be determined manually before calibration of auto - leveller. The changes should be made in upper and lower limit according to result of analysis of linear density of sliver.
• The consumable parts of the carding machine should get replaced after a definite life of the part as per instruction manual.
• All the machine settings should be checked and corrected. The flat top setting specially requires extra attention because it has great impact on the nep formation.
• Even setting of flat top should always get done.
• The suction waste point should be cleaned regularly to prevent the chocking because chocked suction waste point creates neps formation problem in carding process.
• The stationary first 3 to 6 flats at licker-in side work than remaining flats, so that these flats need early replacement. Replacement of these flats after every 100000 kgs of production
Carding process parameters
Carding faults, defects of sliver and their remedies
Card clothing wire's grinding