Reasons for end breakages in ring frame process:
Ring frame is a final process where the desired count of yarn is produced. The end breakage rate in the ring frame process greatly influences the productivity of the machine. The ring frame uses roving as feeding material. The reasons for end breakages in the ring frame depend upon the quality of roving, machine setting, machine maintenance. count to be spun, process parameters, and climatic conditions of the spinning room. The main reasons for end breakages in the ring frame process are given below.
End breakages due to roving faults:
- Undrafted material in the roving due to higher twist multiplier.
- Undrafted material in the roving due to low break draft.
- Improper piecing of sliver during cane changing in the roving process.
- Uneven roving.
Ends breakages due to machine setting and maintenance in ring frame:
The machine setting and maintenance play a very important role in the end breakage rate in the ring frame process. If a spinner selects proper machine settings and he keeps his machine in well-maintained condition, the end breakage rate is minimized up to optimum level. The main possible reasons behind end breakage due to machine setting and maintenance are given below
- Roller cots buffing interval time
- vibrating or out centered spindle
- vibrating or defective ring bobbin
- traveler replacement interval time
- floating fluff
- traveler flying off
- failure of suction clearer
- fluff accumulation inside the traveler
- torn apron
- faulty cradle.
- worn out bearings and gears
- worn-out ring
- improper top roller setting
- improper top arm pressure
- traveler fly due to high clearance between ring and traveler profile
- jerk during the traverse of the ring rail
- lappet height setting
- burnt traveler
- traveler clearer setting
End breakage due to improper process parameters:
The all the process parameters in the ring frame are selected according to the yarn count produced and the material to be processed. Improper parameter selection in the ring frame process always results in the form of quality and productivity of yarn. Some of the process parameters influencing the end breakages in the ring frame process are given below:
- Incorrect traveler according to count to be spun.
- Incorrect spacer size.
- Lower top arm load than required
- Shore hardness of cots of top roller and cots diameter
- Balloon collision due to inappropriate winding tebsion
- Bigger bobbin size
- Higher traveler
- Higher cope diameter
- Higher chasing length
- Inappropriate yarn tension according to yarn strength
- Lower twist multiplier
End breakages due to climatic conditions of the spinning room:
The performance of the ring frame gets directly influenced due to the climatic conditions of any spinning room. The main reasons affecting the end breakage in the ring frame process are given below:
- The relative humidity of the spinning room ranges between 46% to 55 %. The working temperature ranges between 70 degrees F to 78 degrees F.
- Higher temperature causes end breakages.
- Higher relative humidity causes moisture deposition on the drafting roller.
- Lower relative humidity causes drafting problems between rollers.