- This is a special type of weave. This is also known as warp pile fabric.
- The loops of yarn appear on either a single side or both sides of the fabric.
- There are two series of warp used to construct this kind of fabric.
- One series is called the ground warp and the other series is known as pile warp.
- The loop formation on the fabric surface takes place by this pile warp series.
- One series of weft yarn is used to weave terry weave.
- The terry weave or terry fabric can not be woven on normal looms( the loom which weaves flat fabrics).
- This weave is woven on the loom having a special mechanical arrangement.
- There are two independent let-off motion mechanisms mounted on terry looms.
- The let-off motion gets positively driven.
- Two different warp beams are used in the terry loom.
- Terry loom is equipped with either with dobby or jacquard shedding mechanism.
- A special type of reed is used in this loom. the structure of dents of the reed is designed in such a way that the pile and ground end lie separated in a dent. two rows of dent wire are used in this kind of reed.
- The loom is equipped with variable reed sweep motion or variable fail of the cloth motion.
- Since the terry cloth is a heavy fabric so that a suitable take-up roller is used in this kind of machine.
- The fabric is wound on cloth roll through batching motion in some weaving mills. this batching motion - reduces the doffing time. the piece length is also increased.
Types of terry fabrics:
The terry fabric is classified on different bases. The different bases of terry fabric classifications are given below:
1 - According to weave:
Three pick terry:
Four pick terry
Five pick terry
Six pick terry
According to loop geometry
According to loop disposition
Single side terry
Double side terry
According to surface modification:
According to use:
Terry weave construction:
Wadded Bedford cord weave construction method