PRECAUTIONS IN SIMPLEX ( ROVING) PROCESS:
• The tension during roving winding should be selected properly. If the tension is kept low than required throughout the bobbin, then the roving bobbin gets too soft. The bobbin content also gets decreased. The chances of bobbin slippage get increased highly.
• The sliver and roving piecing result in the form of thick and thin places in the yarn from 6 – 12 metres of length. Therefore enough care is taken during piecing of sliver and roving.
• The flyer size is selected as small as possible to improve yarn quality.
• If roving breaks due to undrafted material is more, then bigger flyer size is used instead of increasing break draft.
• The roving breakage rate is controlled by selecting proper settings and the roving breakage rate is kept under acceptable limit. The breakage rate ranges from 1 – 2 per 100 spindles per hour in simplex process.