YARN APPEARANCE TEST:
* The empty yarn appearance board is mounted on the board winding machine. The board is tightened by nuts
* The yarn traverse guide brings extreme in right side. Now, this traverse guide is engaged with a threaded shaft.
* The yarn package is now mounted on the cone holder.
* Finally the end of the yarn is fixed by gum tape on the yarn board.
* The instrument is ready to make a yarn board.
* Now the yarn board is rotated in a clockwise direction with the handwheel.
* During board winding, the yarn board rotates on its axis only. It doesn't traverse.
* when the board winding continues, the yarn traverse guide traverses to the left direction as shown in the above figure.
* When the board winding gets completed, the end of the yarn is cut and it is fixed on the board with the help of gum tape.
* Finally the yarn board is taken off from the board holder.
If you have only one cone, you should be prepared at least 5 yarn boards. If you have a yarn lot, you have selected five cones from different bags randomly.
Each yarn board is observed carefully. The black side and white side of the yarn board are observed one by one.
If there are more broken seeds in the yarn it will be reflected in the processing cost too.
The thick places, thin places and hairiness level of yarn directly reflect on the fabric surface. These yarn irregularities also affect loom efficiency and fabric quality. The hairiness of the yarn causes pilling on the fabric surface.
Testing of bursting strength of the fabric by diaphragm burst hydraulic bursting strength teser
Testing of drape coefficient of the fabric by Cusick drape tester
Testing of crease recovery angle or crease resistance of the fabric
Testing of tearing strength of the fabric by falling pendulum (Elmendorf) tearing strength tester
Testing of fabric stiffness by using cantilever type stiffness tester
Yarn count testing, tensile strength testing and CSP calculation